No one else can feel it for you, only you can let it in.
No one else, no one else can speak the words on your lips.
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open.
Today is where your book begins...
In life, I stress sososo much about the future, what comes next, what everyone else thinks, et cetera. Last night, I could barely fall asleep without thinking about college, applications, ACT, school, looking my best, what to wear, who I want to see me, and more. Yawn. I'm pretty tired today. I really hope my insomnia doesn't kick in tonight.
This song (Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield) came on the radio today and really de-stressed me. I need to let go and focus on myself and the present.
So take a deep breath (go on... do it right now... I'm waiting) and focus on you and you only. Think about the things that you would like to accomplish with the new school year.
- I want to not let other people's opinions get to me.
- I want to enjoy my senior year, without worrying every second about the future.
- I want to be and feel the best I can be, but on my own terms.
- I want to realize that I still have a long journey ahead of me, but my life is ever-changing and right now I am unwritten.
What do you want?
Here is me releasing my inhibitions:
1) I want to drink a white chocolate mocha or a caramel frappuccino with whipped cream or a macchiato without feeling guilty. I want to be able to indulge myself without beating myself up afterwards. I also want to be able to limit myself, but still enjoy the delicious coffee drinks.
2) I want to be strong and independent like Jane Eyre. I want to learn to overcome my judgments like Elizabeth Bennet. I want to have a strong moral backbone like Scout. I want to be beautiful and elegant like Daisy. I want to be ambitious and blunt like Jo March. I want to be intelligent and courageous like Hermione.
3) I want to wear heels, a dress, and red lipstick without being told by my mother that I look like a hooker. I want to let go of how I want others to see me, and wear what I want to wear. If you love your outfit, you will be able to pull it off with confidence. Confidence is beauty.
... The rest is still UNWRITTEN.